Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busch Wildlife!!!!!


I went to a wild animal rescue center called Busch Wildlife, yesterday (Wednesday). I brought the digital camera, expecting to get a couple fairly good shots. But I did not expect anything like this! The first exhibit we went to was the aviary. Inside was a couple songbirds and a blue jay. This jay used to be a pet, as we learned later. When I tried to take a picture of him, he reached through the fence, trying to eat the camera (just like somebody else I know...)!


The next exhibit that we went to, was the Florida Cougar exhibit. At first, the cougars were sleeping under a boardwalk thingy, but soon this one came right up to the fence and posed! So cute!

This fox picture was actually one of the last ones I took at Busch Wildlife, just before the camera died. :( It was hard to take, as the foxes were at the back of their little "house."

The Cockatoo's name is CeCe. All the parrots sit out front of the animal hospital, across from the box turtles. There was another parrot named Budweiser. I got pictures of him, but they were not as good as the ones that I took of CeCe.

The last picture on here is of a blue heron. He was with all the waterbirds. All the other birds were walking around pecking and chirping, while he just sat up in the tree surveying the land.

I thouroughly enjoyed my trip to Busch Wildlife, and hope to come back to take even more pictures!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww the cougar was too cute . . now I want to go to busch wildlife!