My Grandpa and his wife, Marie, came to my house to visit on Saturday. They are staying until Tuesday I think. Anyway, I shall give you an overview of what we did yesterday (Saturday).
Well, they got here at about 1:30. We sat and talked for a while. I did my embroidery homework, and my dad got out his guitar. He strummed a bit, put on some new strings, then started singing a song with Grandpa. After that, Justice and I played some piano and violin pieces. That was fun. The fun really started though when we all started singing country songs to the guitars and drums (Justice is really good at playing those.) We sang songs like Amazing Grace, I'll Fly Away, and a BUNCH of others. I sang a song with Mom, too.
Mrs. Marie is really good at the piano. She played awesome solos when we were doing Amazing Grace and I'll Fly Away. It sounded so great! I wish that I could play like her. I know it just takes practice, but with a song like she played, it takes a LOT of practice! :)
After we were all tired out from singing, we played the game Apples to Apples. Grandpa, with four points, was about to win, as we were playing to five. I was judging the cards, and he had chosen one that said, "Festering Wounds." I cannot remember what the adjective was, but the noun fit with it in such an ironic way, that I chose it. My family (not Grandpa) would think that I chose it because Grandpa was saying quietly, "Festering wooooooounds, festering woooooooooounds...." I did NOT, people! :) I genuinely thought it was funny (actually, hilarious)!
Today, Grandpa and Mrs. Marie got here from their hotel at about noon. We talked a bit, then went out to (where else?) the lighthouse! We bought tickets for the tour, and actually went up in the lighthouse, all the way to the top!!!!!!!! That was SO amazing! When I was going up the spiralling, spiralling, metal stairs, I couldn't look down or up at all for fear that I would fall backwards or get sick. Of course that was fun, because what girl at my age doesn't like scaring herself? Often, I hang off of my high bed just to give myself a jolt. (Recommendation: Do it with a friend. It's most fun that way, as you can laugh at each other's faces turning red from hanging upside down for so long.)
Anyway, when I got to the top of the lighthouse, it was incredibly windy. I noticed even more since my hair was down and blowing into my mouth. Ick. It was an incredible view though. I could see the ocean, also the inlet which the lighthouse towered over at an incredible height. I saw the bridge opening up for the larger boats, and the smaller jet skis shooting around, spurting water around them. I saw bikers on the trails around us, a man and his dog romping in the field next to the lighthouse, and the small museum down below. It was amazing.
After we got home, we ate some lunch. When I was done with lunch, I jumped on the computer and started writing a post on my blog about my grandpa, festering wounds, lighthouses, and what I'm writing about. Interesting.
Anyway, I am going to update you on the visits that I am enjoying all throughout the week.
Wahoo!
Well, they got here at about 1:30. We sat and talked for a while. I did my embroidery homework, and my dad got out his guitar. He strummed a bit, put on some new strings, then started singing a song with Grandpa. After that, Justice and I played some piano and violin pieces. That was fun. The fun really started though when we all started singing country songs to the guitars and drums (Justice is really good at playing those.) We sang songs like Amazing Grace, I'll Fly Away, and a BUNCH of others. I sang a song with Mom, too.
Mrs. Marie is really good at the piano. She played awesome solos when we were doing Amazing Grace and I'll Fly Away. It sounded so great! I wish that I could play like her. I know it just takes practice, but with a song like she played, it takes a LOT of practice! :)
After we were all tired out from singing, we played the game Apples to Apples. Grandpa, with four points, was about to win, as we were playing to five. I was judging the cards, and he had chosen one that said, "Festering Wounds." I cannot remember what the adjective was, but the noun fit with it in such an ironic way, that I chose it. My family (not Grandpa) would think that I chose it because Grandpa was saying quietly, "Festering wooooooounds, festering woooooooooounds...." I did NOT, people! :) I genuinely thought it was funny (actually, hilarious)!
Today, Grandpa and Mrs. Marie got here from their hotel at about noon. We talked a bit, then went out to (where else?) the lighthouse! We bought tickets for the tour, and actually went up in the lighthouse, all the way to the top!!!!!!!! That was SO amazing! When I was going up the spiralling, spiralling, metal stairs, I couldn't look down or up at all for fear that I would fall backwards or get sick. Of course that was fun, because what girl at my age doesn't like scaring herself? Often, I hang off of my high bed just to give myself a jolt. (Recommendation: Do it with a friend. It's most fun that way, as you can laugh at each other's faces turning red from hanging upside down for so long.)
Anyway, when I got to the top of the lighthouse, it was incredibly windy. I noticed even more since my hair was down and blowing into my mouth. Ick. It was an incredible view though. I could see the ocean, also the inlet which the lighthouse towered over at an incredible height. I saw the bridge opening up for the larger boats, and the smaller jet skis shooting around, spurting water around them. I saw bikers on the trails around us, a man and his dog romping in the field next to the lighthouse, and the small museum down below. It was amazing.
After we got home, we ate some lunch. When I was done with lunch, I jumped on the computer and started writing a post on my blog about my grandpa, festering wounds, lighthouses, and what I'm writing about. Interesting.
Anyway, I am going to update you on the visits that I am enjoying all throughout the week.
Wahoo!
3 comments:
sounds kewl
I LOVED READING ABOUT ALL THE THINGS WE DID WHILE IN FLORIDA. WE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE AND I WILL NEVER FORGET 'FESTERING WOUNDS.' THE PICTURES ARE GREAT. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING TEAPOT SUE.
Just wondering, Penguin Person, but why do you type the not-so-word "kewl" when you can write "cool"? It's the same amount of letters and "cool" is actually a word!
Post a Comment