We left at around 2 o'clock. We had to pick up my friends Rebekah, Tiffany, Jonathan, and Peter. When we finally got to the amphitheatre (40 minute drive!), we "cruised the booths" looking for free stuff. When we went to the Urban Youth Impact booth, I was getting impatient with asking, "Are these pens for everybody?" and things like that, so I just went up to the lady who was standing next to her booth and queried, "Do you have any free stuff? 'Cause that's what we really came for." She laughed and said that we could take a coupon for a free appetizer at a restaurant. I know that I will never use it, but at least I acquired a new possession!
We saw a couple concerts (Stellar Kart and Article One), then went to the Kid Zone. We "bounce-housed" for a little while, then ditched the inflatables for the petting zoo. When we got sick of that, we left to go see Superchic(k).
Before we could watch Superchic(k), we had to tell my mom where we were going. When we were at the booth where she was, we saw a punk-looking dude pass by with a Diet Coke in his hand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was this the lead singer of Family Force 5, just walking around? I trotted up to him and asked.
It turned out that I was right. My friends Tiffany and Rebekah were right behind me, so when they caught up, we did the usual recitation of, "We love your music! We love you!" After that was done, the guy said that he was just going to watch Superchic(k), and would we like to come? Yes! we answered, and followed him faithfully to the crowd gathered around the stage. Tiff, Rebekah, and I whispered excitedly while he rubbed his chin, and sipped his Coke watching the band. I shot some pictures right before a black man came up to him and started talking. That was the end of that adventure.
Since we were starving, we split up to eat dinner. Some of us (like me and Tiff) went to the V.I.P. "tent" for fine foods such as fried fish, salad, soup, dinner rolls, and pop. It was extra-tasty. The others who didn't have the V.I.P. tickets bought chicken fingers and fries. It was while we were eating when I remembered that we had asked a man at a booth when they were going to sell the annual glow-sticks. He said, "I don't know, but sometime around when it gets dark." It was dark when I recalled this. I told Tiffany, and we rushed out of the V.I.P. zone, out into the crowd. We reached the booth in due time, but the glow sticks were gone.
I said that the meet and greet was sure to begin soon anyway, so let's go there instead. We arrived where it would all happen, and waited in line for a couple minutes. We met....(drum roll please).....Superchic(k), Relient K, and tobyMac! Sadly, Family Force 5 wasn't there because they were onstage next, so they had to get ready. I got everybody's autograph, and took some pictures (see below).
The actual big concert was a blast. We ran around on the big, grassy lawn, screamed, and just plumb had fun. When Family Force 5 came on, we all started head bangin' and jumpin'. When tobyMac came on, we all started head bangin', jumpin', and screamin', yellin', and hollerin'. We also tried to do air guitar, but it was hard when we were square dancing. (Seriously. Tiffany started square dancing with me, then yelled out, "Everybody square dance!" We all started to swing our partners and doe si doe. It was fun!)
When tobyMac, Relient K, and Family Force 5 were off, the fireworks turned on. We watched in awe as huge, sparkling giants crackled in the air. It was beautiful.
4 comments:
IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I want to come to Way fest next year!
Julia- I'm really interested in seeing what your patches are like. I want to see and I would like to order one too. Post some pictures!
I'll try to get some pictures up soon. First I actually have to start work on one... (I've been taking some time off)! :)
Post a Comment