
One day, my friend Tiffany called me, wanting to get together. We ended up having a sleepover that night.
At about 11 am the next day, we were getting quite hungry. I looked in the fridge for something to munch, and she suggested we make smoothies. I didn't really want to do that, and I said so. When she asked why, I answered, "You say that you will be able to make it yourself and clean the blender and all that, but trust me, I will end up making the smoothie for you."
She said that she would clean the blender by hand when she was done, and I wouldn't make the smoothie. She was rather mistaken.
After I helped Tiffany put the fruit and stuff into our old blender (that was after some protests from Tiff- she wanted to use my mom's Magic Bullet), I turned the machine on. I stirred it, and all that jazz. Finally, I realized that the old blender was not mixing right. (Before that happened, I remarked to Tiffany that I was really making the smoothie for her.)
Tiffany slyly remarked that if I had just put the fruit in the Magic Bullet in the first place, this would not have happened. Hoping to regain some of my own self-respect, I turned the blender on once more, praying for it to work.
It didn't.
While I transferred the fruity mess over to the Magic Bullet from the old blender, Tiffany gloated annoyingly. The Magic Bullet worked, and we finally got to sit down and eat lunch.
While we were eating, I looked out the window and saw a "lawn guy" (I live in a neighborhood where people come and take care of our lawns for us) chopping down my favorite hibiscus tree (to all you Midwesterners reading this, a hibiscus tree has "Hawaiian flowers" on it)! I told this to Tiffany, then broke the silence after with, "Of all the random pointless things to do?!?!?!"
Tiffany suddenly made a strange spitting noise, and I realized that she thought my last comment was so hilarious that she accidentally spit her smoothie out of her nose!
When we were done with lunch, I spotted some lawn dudes outside. I said, "Let's go spy on them!" So, we ran outside. In our way right as we opened my screen door, was the hibiscus tree. Tiffany wanted to take it and keep it. I wondered aloud where we would put it. Both of our eyes darted over to the fenced in field (it's a nature preserve with trails and the like) near my house.
"1......2......3..... HEAVE!!!!" We had just chucked the hibiscus tree over the fence! Tiffany and I clambered over the fence to roll the rather unfortunate greenery down the small hill it had landed on. Then, we took off to spy on the mowermen.
"1......2......3..... HEAVE!!!!" We had just chucked the hibiscus tree over the fence! Tiffany and I clambered over the fence to roll the rather unfortunate greenery down the small hill it had landed on. Then, we took off to spy on the mowermen.
While we were spying, we noticed that there was a huge bush with big leaves near it that the lawn dudes had cut down. The mowermen were eating lunch nearby, and I thought it would be a fun challenge to take pretty much all of the trimmings away from the bush without them seeing us. We had a blast sneaking on our stomachs trying to hide from the lawn dudes. Quite fun, quite fun.
Since I am probably boring you like crazy, I will just tell the last important thing that happened that day. Tiffany and I were walking near a driveway, and Tiffany noticed that a Christmas tree was toppled over at the edge of it.
Tiffany suggested that we heave this tree over the fence just like we did with the other one. Reluctantly, I said that we could. We carried the tree over to the fence, and chucked it into the air. We laughed crazily.
About 20 minutes later, I realized that we really shouldn't leave two trees just on their sides in the middle of a field. So, we took them to our fort (which wasn't very far, in face), and had a blast over there, too.
That was really fun, but I wouldn't put it in the "smart fun" category. More like "stupidly crazy fun!"
No comments:
Post a Comment