My great grandma recently passed away and Mom went to her funeral. At the funeral, everyone who was attending got a small piece of paper that detailed my grandma's life, and included a poem that she had written. Here is the poem:
One Day at a Time
This day I give to you, my God
Do with it what you may.
I've only borrowed it from you
It's not here to stay.
Therefore, whatever I may do
To friend or foe alike
Let it be something good and kind
And holy in your sight.
This day I'll pray. I'll meditate.
I'll offer up my deeds
In faith I'll trust and rest assured
You will furnish all my needs.
Yesterday has gone forever-
I cannot call it back.
Tomorrow I may never see
Oh Lord fill what I lack.
To give you thanks and
Sing your praise and
Seek your word sublime and
All I ask for everyday is
One Day at a Time.
-Carmen Herron
Carmen Herron lived from November 8th, 1917 to February 6th, 2009.
Her final resting place is Chillicothe City Cemetery, Chillicothe, Illinois.
I didn't get to meet her before she died. I really regret that.
1 comment:
i love that poem i read it about a week ago and i cried when i read it. i really miss her and regret hardly seeing her when she was alive.:(
Post a Comment