Lots of my closest friends have turned 13 already this year. Sometimes, I feel a bit "out of the loop," since I'm not a teenager yet. I feel as though the world is rejecting me, because I'm not a teen. For the 13 year olds, they now have only one year to wait for Facebook. I have two.
BUT, even though I may not be 13 (or older) like you are, I have learned to cherish my childhood years. I appreciate not being old and grey (like you are), and I enjoy still being able to walk around. I also have my powers of speech, which I hope to retain as I grow older. Maybe it takes some pre-planning, and you missed out on that. That's probably what happened.
Just writing this post has helped me through these tough times of feeling left out, since I'm not stumbling around blindly, waving a cane (like you are). I now feel better about being me, and am brimming with self-confidence. Thank you.
2 comments:
you make me laugh.
lol. i get my LISENCE next summer. darn, i feel old...
Post a Comment