Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Major Closet Overhaul = AAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I was recently trying to find a spot to put my sewing machine in my bedroom. My bedroom is quite small, so that was a tough problem until I came up with the idea of CLOSET!!!

Now, my closet has the white shelves for one half of it, and a place for hangers in the other half. I moved some of the shelves around, some higher, some lower, to make room for my sewing machine.

I got rid of a bunch of junk, which felt really good. The only problem is, I don't know what to do with my broken CD player. I mean, sure I should throw it out, but it just feels weird sticking that big piece of machinery in the trash can. Maybe I shouldn't feel like this.

After I got rid of all that stuff, I realized that I still have way too much to put in my closet. I'm hopefully going to throw away even more junk. I haven't really started on putting things back in my closet, but I'm going to do that when I'm finished with this post.

I also did a bunch of other stuff. I organized my books (in my closet), hung up my spools of ribbon on a string above my sewing machine, and stacked my fabric scraps in an "orderly" fashion. I'm quite proud of what I've achieved today, but I'm pretty sure the whole project won't be done until tomorrow. Quite sad, quite sad..... :)

I will post an "after" picture on here soon, after my camera batteries charge. I would post a "before" picture, but the thing is, I don't have one, and I'm not going to put all the stuff back where it was after 3 hours of work!!! Sorry, but the mere thought of that makes me feel like crying. :)

I've gotta check my email and then off to work!!!

PS: Today it thunder stormed like crazy!!! Now the field out back of my house is filled like a lake, and the birds are going bananas!!! I just saw a mockingbird land on my front gate. He's so pretty. I just thought that it would be cool to share these scattered thoughts of mine. :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

I just organized my closet a while ago and it feels SO good!! A whole half of my closet is empty. :D Just throw away that giant broken CD player. What do you think other people do???