Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yet Another Lead Casket Concert (Woot)




Okay, just to clarify, "Lead Casket" is pronounced "Led Casket." Not "Leed Casket." :) Oh, and another disclaimer: I was NOT grimacing during the last song.

We had a concert last night (Saturday, June 6). It was at a baby shower with about 60-80 people there.

I was really worried beforehand that we might not have gotten to play because it was raining so much it looked like a hurricane (with thunder and lighting included). We were on the road in a huge thunderstorm, and the roads were flooding like crazy. Oh, and we were driving near a forest, just to add some "scare."

We finally got to the place at around 3:20. We then proceeded to wait for our very late guitarist Joel, who arrived at around 4:30. I got eaten alive by bugs while we waited for the rain to stop so that we could set up. The rain finally settled down to a drizzle at around 5:45 and we realized that we needed a plug for the keyboard, and an extension cord. Off went Joel and his dad, back to their house (which was approximately 20 minutes away) to get the needed equipment.

We got to play at around 6:30. The crowd was energetic and willing to dance around. That made it a LOT more fun, let me tell you.

Here is the list of songs that we played:

Escape From Reason (O.C. Supertones), Every Little Thing (Hawk Nelson), Every Move I Make (random worship song - I have no idea who it's by), In the Light (dcTalk), All Around Me (Flyleaf), Swallowtail Jig (from my violin book), Chapstick Chapped Lips and Things Like Chemistry (Relient K), Fully Alive (Flyleaf), Jesus Freak (dcTalk), and Fool's Pyrite (us).

The concert was a lot longer than the last one we played by far. Hmmm, let's see..... We played 5 songs for the first concert...... We played about 10 songs for the baby shower........

Anyway, I had a lot of fun at the concert/baby shower. But now that all our performances are done, I don't know what we're going to do next. Maybe work on some more songs, writing and all that, but that's nowhere near as exciting as performing. I hope we have another chance to perform soon!

No comments: