Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Like Key West (and chickens, kinda)

There are chickens all over the place. As a warning, if you do not like any kind of chicken, even if it is in a very popular vacation spot, do not go here. I am talking about Key West. It is a quirky place.

I stayed in a hotel somewhere near Key West, and there was a black chicken running around near the Hotel pool. It was very odd, I tell you. Very odd. Too odd. Actually, not.

I have heard something like, "once Key West sand gets in your shoes, you just will keep coming back." Something like that. But it is true. I want to go again. (1) Because I like the place, it is my style. (2) Because I want to go snorkeling again on a coral reef, (it was amazing! Tropical fish everywhere! Parrot fish, Barracudas, and the like!) and maybe even scuba diving! That would be awesome!

I saw the southernmost point when I was there, ate some meringue-topped Key Lime Pie, and went to a big nightly sunset festival, almost by accident. I also saw a big cruiser ship board passengers. It was a great vacation. I wish I could do it again right now!!! I just love that place. That is very obvious from the length and way that I am writing... You are probably getting bored...Sorry!!! Gosh, I just love that place!!!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the heck are there chickens running around free? You are right, that is VERY ODD!

Anonymous said...

Now that I think of it we used to have dosens of wild turkeys running around Urbana.

Anonymous said...

The Florida Keys! I went snorkeling there. I didn't see any chickens. Maybe that was because I was in the water. Hmmm... yeah, that makes sense.

julia said...

I bet you didn't see any chickens in the water. :) Not so likely as on land, I think... :) Probably... TeaSue

Anonymous said...

Well one time I went to Pensicola ( I think) and while we were driving we saw about ten chickens crossing the road so I think I know how strange it is to see random chickens in a random place.

Anonymous said...

You are right about the chicks!!!That must be very ODD!But that sounded fun.Snorlking i would always go back if i was you.