
As with all these beautiful landscape pictures, this one does not have anything to do with the post, it's just pretty, ok?
Now, on Saturday, my mom and brother, Justice, were driving back to my house from somewhere, when they found a stray dog, no collar or anything. They didn't have a choice to whether we could take it in for at least a couple hours, so they brought her home.
I was making my lunch when they came in. Tuna Pitas- I put the recipe for this on the blog. I was looking forward to having a relaxed lunch when they came.
The dog was scruffy, caramel colored, and curly. She is about the size of a terrier and a cute one, too. My mom and I started calling her Honey, but my dad wanted to name her Hermy-own. I think he meant Hermione. Str-a-a-nge. Well, my mom called the animal shelter to see if they could take her in, but they said no, as they were about to close for the day. So my mom called the police to see if anyone reported a stray. They said nobody had.
I was filling my pitas with tuna then.
My mom called our friends who had been wanting to buy a dog for some time, to see if they wanted it. The mother of the family, Mrs. Lissette said that her husband had declared that they were going to get a dog that very day. My mom said, "NO!" She exclaimed it so loudly and suddenly that I jumped! Mrs.Lissette also said, as it turned out, that she wanted to take a look at the dog, but it would have to be in a couple hours as the whole family was at the mall.
I realized that I had forgotten to season the tuna in my pitas, so a long, hard struggle began as I tried not to rip the pita, but lift it up and put a small jar in it and shake it up and down.
The family who was interested in the dog actually took her! The dad, Mr.Roland said that they were only keeping Honey until somebody claimed her. But I think that poor Honey had been abandoned, as she had no collar, and didn't seem the type to run away. I hope she is with that family for life!
My lunch was done! So I took it outside, then, after I had taken a couple bites, I realized that it tasted gross!
I had an apple instead.
2 comments:
Ps- Somebody claimed the dog when they put up signs. I think the friends still want a dog.
THAT WAS NICE OF YOU TO CARE FOR THE DOG. THERE ARE MANY ANIMALS WHO HAVE NO HOME. EVEN GODS LITTLE CREATURES NEED LOVE.
Post a Comment