
All this week my parents have been on a cruise, so I went to my friend Rebekah's house. On Thursday and Friday we went snorkeling with some other people, including my other best friends, and Rebekah's grandparents. On Thursday, we went snorkeling at a beach called Coral Cove. There were so many fish!!!! Purple, green, and pink striped, thin, fat, yellow, blue, big and small. It was incredible! Of course I thought it was tame after snorkeling in Key West, but that changed very soon.
When I was busy looking at the amazing rock formations, I saw a gigantic, black, lump coming towards me. I was so scared that I screamed, and looked up. I saw a huge manatee about two feet away from me! I was almost paralyzed with fear, but, too late, I realized that it wouldn't do anything to me. This all happened in about two seconds.
After that, I swam, screaming "Manatee! Manatee!"at my friend's dad and Rebekah's grandpa. They were like,
"Oh, yeah!" They didn't do anything else. Hmmpfh. I don't mind so much, but the only thing that I regret is that I swam away before I could realize how peaceful and beautiful it was.
1 comment:
THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SCARY. IT WOULD BE FOR ME. WOW.
Post a Comment