Thursday, July 3, 2008

Anne of Green Gables


I have finally read the whole series! I am so excited about this, except for the fact that I do not have anything else to read, unless I read it all again. Shoot.
There are eight books in the series, starting with really happy books, then ending in a VERY serious and sad one. All of them are written quite well, though.
I am pretty sure that my favorite has got to be the fourth one, Anne of Windy Poplars. It is really happy, and Anne finds herself in many funny situations. Not saying that she doesn't in the other books, just more so in this one.
The last one is really sad, but keeps butterflies in the reader's stomach the whole time, from beginning to end. It made me cry twice! I am writing about this one individually, because it is the one that I just finished this morning. Unfortunately, I can't say what happened at the end, because the main readers of my blog are also reading the series. And, probably, some other readers are, too. Boo.
These readers started before me in the series, I actually started when they were on the end of the first book, and I was at the very beginning. Now, I am done with the series, and they are only on the second book! They probably will get mad at me for posting this on the Internet, so I will stop gloating and finish this post.

2 comments:

penguin person said...

Ya thanks Tea Sue and did you happen to mention that one of the reasons you beat me in reading it was because I stopped reading it. JK I did really stop reading it though I'm just not actually mad at you.

Christine said...

I am so glad that you are reading these books. They are my faves! Maddsters