Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day Three of my Vacation, and... Home!



Today, I woke up at 6 in the morning, FL time, and left for the Indianapolis airport at 7. That was hard-both the leaving, and the waking up- but once we got atravelin' I was more alert and ready to go.

It took us about two and a half hours to get to Indianapolis. We didn't even get to the center of the city, though! The airport was on the outskirts of Indy, so, thankfully, the ride was a lot shorter.

We got on our plane at about 10:45. It was small, but almost nobody was on it, so Dad and I got a 3-seat row to ourselves. That was pretty cool. When we arrived in Atlanta, we had a four-hour layover. We walked around, sat down, walked around, read, walked around, went to Starbucks for lunch, walked around, and I played my Nintendo until we boarded at four.

That plane was huge! I expected it to have those little computers that you sometimes get on the plane, on the seat in front of you, but they didn't have those. Sheesh. Anyways, the plane was sold out. That meant that, since I was in the middle of a three seat row, I had to sit by some complete stranger. I hate doing that. It turned out to be this really sweet old guy who gave me his "complimentary" peanut bag. I liked that.

After we had hooked up with the breezeway to get off of the plane, this really tall guy gets up and just stands in the middle of the walkway. He stays there. He doesn't let anybody pass. He just stays there. It is not like he wasn't doing anything though. He got his bag s-l-o-w-l-y out of the overhead rack, then s-l-o-w-l-y turned around to check behind him. He did this repeatedly. We got held up for a total of about 2o minutes, but we can't blame the whole thing on him. There were a lot of slow moving people on that plane.

There is not much else to say about my trip back. Only that Dad and I met up with Mom and Justice, drove home, unpacked, and now I am on my blog, my Dad playing video games with Jus. What fun, what fun!

I promised you that I would unpack my luncheon with my grandpa. We went out to Cracker Barrell, had some awesome food for lunch (actually, I was the only one who had lunch food -fried chicken- everybody else had breakfast food for some reason outside of my understanding), then went to the mall. We looked around at some Illini T-shirts for a while, then decided to buy some. I got a three pack of pink, white, and grey shirts. They rock. Thank you Grandpa and Miss Marie (my step-grandma)!

ps- pictures coming soon!

No comments: