Saturday, September 20, 2008

My (Chaotic) Writing Story Part Two

This is a different character's point of view in my chaotic story.

Jenny never listens, She proved that to me July 2nd at her private riding lesson.

It seemed like it was going to be a normal day. I got up, ate my cold oatmeal, (I had warmed it in the microwave but didn't hear the timer go off) and left for work. After the first three lessons, I looked at my schedule. The next rider to teach was Jenny. Oh no.

A couple minutes later, I found myself in the riding ring, watching Jenny go round and round atop ACF Ruffian, her favorite mount. I've always heard that opposites attract, and the same is true with Jenny and the mare. Jenny is excited and never listens. Ruffian is as cool as a cucumber all the time, and responds quickly to one's aids.

Anyway, I saw that Jenny was not sitting up straight. I said to her very exasperated, "Jenny! Sit up straight!" She was apparently very focused on something else. "Jenny! Listen to me! If you don't, you will never be a good rider. That is why you are here. You want to be a good rider." I saw her lips moving while I talked. She was probably rehearsing her little speech she makes whenever her mind is accused of being elsewhere.

Then, unexpectedly, I saw her jump off of Ruffian, and sprint out of the ring, screaming, "Oh no! HORSES! Where they're not supposed to be! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I always thought she was weird.

I caught the spooked Ruffian, after settling my own mount, Chance, then sped after her. I watched in horror as Jenny ran up to a group of loose horses, waving her arms like crazy. The horses spooked into a trail ride. "Good thing," I thought. "Or else Jenny might have scared the horses enough for them to run onto the highway."

The trail ride leaders caught the horses as I rode up to Jenny yelling that she had done every single thing that I had told her not to do while trying to catch loose horses.

What am I to do with that girl??????

No comments: