Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My (Chaotic) Story

My mom gave me this assignment for Writing Strands today. I had a lot of fun writing it!

I was at my private horseback-riding lesson with my half-deaf teacher, Mrs. Holly, when somethin g happened that got me into BIG trouble.

It started when I was riding my favorite horse SCF Ruffian. Mrs. Holly saw that I wasn’t sitting up straight and started yelling at me. While she was shouting, I heard a noise. Mrs. Holly didn’t hear it, as only someone with incredible hearing like me could ear anything over her loud voice. I tried to tell her about the noise, but she started yelling even louder, saying that I wasn’t listening. I knew exactly what she was going to say (I had heard it many times) so I focused on figuring out what the noise was. It wasn’t Joe and Henry the stable grooms at it again.... No, it was the sound of neighing horses! Of course one might think that is normal in a stable. And it is... but not where the horses aren’t supposed to be!

I jumped off of my baby Ruffian, and ran, yelling and hollering out of the arena, towards the loose horses. I was screaming something, but I was too upset to know what it was. I was surprised that no one came out to see the loose horses with all of that commotion.
when I got to where they were, the horses spooked. I shrieked. They ran farther. I waved my arms like a windmill in a tornado. They spooked right into an oncoming trail ride filled with openmouthed tourists. Whoops.

Everything after that passed in a blur. I vaguely saw the trail ride leaders rounding up the loose horses, Mrs. Holly galloping up on Chance while ponying Ruffian, seeing her scream at me louder than before, saying something like she almost had another heart attack watching me do almost every single thing that she had told me not to do while catching loose horses.....

Now I’m in big trouble.

1 comment:

penguin person said...

I love it, it was really funny.