I am really trying to think hard about what I want to be when I grow up. It's tough for me because I am infatuated with horses. My room is covered in horse posters, models, even magazines like "Horse Illustrated," "Horse & Rider," "The Trail Rider," and..... catalogs like crazy!!!!!!
I first wanted to be a jockey really, really badly. That started when I read the book "The Black Stallion's Filly." I just had a dream of mounting a horse in the starting gate, shooting off, the wind in my face, the crowd cheering, winning! Then going into the winner's circle with a horseshoe of roses around my horse's neck, meaning that I had just won the Kentucky Derby.
I still have that dream, but it has faded considerably. I still want to ride racehorses, but I am way too tall. I guess I could stop eating, but that would seriously diminish my chances of survival, if you know what I mean.
The next best thing, I thought after that, is to be a racehorse trainer! It would be fun! I could train my horse to run like the wind, then walk into the winner's circle smilingly, knowing that I had just trained a champion.
Well, that dream is gone now, too. I have learned that nowadays, lots of people drug up their horses before a race, to make them run faster. That is what I call "cheating." I don't want to be up against cheaters who are willing to do anything for money or glory.
I want to have a more peaceful occupation. I have been pondering the fact that I could be a simple stable groom! I could excersise horses for a lesson barn, groom, feed, and tack them up. That's the kind of job that I would really like. I just need to know how much it pays....
On the other hand, I want to do something totally different. I still want to be a stable groom, but I also want to be a marine photographer! I love to take pictures of animals, and what is under the ocean's surface just fascinates me. I can't get away from it.
I want to have kids (note- that was in the plural!) and a husband. I want to have horses. On my own property. I want to live in Florida, because Florida totally rox my sox. I am going to have to marry some rich dude! :)
4 comments:
that's okay i have no idea what i want to do either. except maybe the millitary because they pay for your college. but you've still got some time to decide.
Hello!!! my mom's friend takes care of horses when their owners are busy or on vactions!!!!it seems really fun!!!!!!i want to be either a vet or what my mom's friend is!!!!!
I don't really know either?????
I thought you wanted to be a chef!
Post a Comment