Thursday, October 2, 2008

Some Awesome Stuffs From the Teapot Sue Labs

A couple days ago, I was reading a section on Global Warming in my science book, "Exploring Creation With Physical Science." I thought that it was really interesting, and so, here is what I have gleaned from it:

  • The carbon dioxide that we humans produce when we exhale and burn fuels is only 3% of the "carbon dioxide produced by natural processes on the earth."
  • When we burn fossil fuels, carbon dioxide is not the only gas that is released. Some gases that were produced by this procedure reflect light rather than absorb it. That lessens the amount of energy the earth absorbs, and that cools it down.
  • The greenhouse effect is not being affected "enough to cause global warming. As a result, the majority of atmospheric scientists...do not consider global warming a problem."

When I read that, I was fascinated. The book mentioned that 53% of atmospheric scientists do not believe that global warming is a problem, and the rest said that there wasn't enough data to decide. It even said that the media was just trying to "push an agenda rather than to communicate the truth."

I do not have any idea to why the media is trying to lead us in the wrong direction, but I am glad my science book came along to straighten people out!

No comments: