Wow, this Halloween was really great. First, my friend Tiffany came over at about 2 o'clock to have a little fun, then get our costumes ready. We had some extra time on our hands, so we decided to go raise money for the Barnes family (read the post underneath this if you are not familiar with that story). The first house that we went to gave $10 to the cause and invited us to a Thanksgiving open house! We went to quite a lot of houses, and raised so much money that, in all, we now have $200 to give to the Barnes family!
We came back late for the Halloween party at our friends' house. We panicked, sprinted around the house getting ready to go, then realized that my dad was still not ready. We sat around for a bit, me doing my hair, she messing up her makeup then saying that all was lost.
Tiff and I finally got to the party, and ate dinner. Me? I had the twirly noodles (I forget what they are called) and spicy fried chicken. What a combo! After dinner, we had a double game. (As in, some people are playing tag, some keep away, but everyone thinks that you are in both games.) My small friend Brittney came out of the house and said that we were going to go out Trick or Treating!
I won't give you a full, detailed description of how many houses we went to, but we visited an awful lot. My candy bag was so full that I could hardly lift it! (In all, I got 31 Reeses brand stuffs, 10 Twixes, two gummy Life Savers, 19 Snickers..... I'm not going to name them all.)
Now, don't think that all we had was fun and games. We had exercise. Now, we started out full of energy, right? Well, we thought that we could go on forever! But greedy kids though we are, our bags got so heavy that we didn't even stop for candy anymore. We only marveled at he decorations! There was one house that had a really cool doorway passage thing, and we didn't go through it and ring the doorbell, we just walked back and forth, through it!
Even before that, kids (like me) started getting really tired. When we saw a bench, we all stampeded towards it, and piled on it. That break felt sooo goooood!
In all, I believe we walked about a mile or two. When we were walking around the perimeter of the whole neighborhood, kids started saying, "We can make it!" "Just keep trudging, on, and on, and on, and on...." "Mission one O one- Keep walking- forever!"
When we finally got back, Kyle (a boy who had been trick or treating with us) actually said that he wanted to play tag! I said a loud "NOOOOOOOO!!!" and I think he got the message. I was tired.
I went home after that. Of course I knew we would after the adults saw that we were done with trick or treating. I was glad to hit the sack.
This morning (Saturday), I was sorting my candy to see what, exactly, I got. One lady was giving out m&m's, complementary hair cuts, pedicures, and manicures! Every trick or treater got each! Since I don't want anyone messing with my hands or feet, I gave it to my mom. I'm such a good kid! :)
3 comments:
I really want to see a picture of your costume!
Oopsie, I can't put any pics on now. Sorry! I had borrowed leggings and a skirt, so I had to give them back. Whoops!
Oopsie, I can't put any pics on now. Sorry! I had borrowed leggings and a skirt, so I had to give them back. Whoops!
Post a Comment