
Me and my friend Rebekah have always been wondering who my next door neighbor was. Even though my family moved in to our new house a while ago, we haven't even met him yet!
Rebekah and I are experts at making up our own stories about the people around us. Once, we listened in to some peoples' conversations about migraines, then pieced the "facts" together. We came up with a long, meandering, string of ideas that people were buying headaches, going to the doctor's office, and trying to make the insurance company Humana go bankrupt.
Anyway, since we hadn't met our neighbor yet, we thought we could have a little fun with our imaginations. Rebekah and I decided to christen the neighbor Rob the Robber. We composed a story about him and his gang that live all around my neighborhood. At first, we thought that if a person drove a Lexus, they were in his group. Then we realized that our friends the "G's" owned two Lexuses. We then came up with a reason why they had them:
The "G's" next door neighbor was a member of that group (and, to our knowledge, still is). Of course, we thought, he would try to fake out the cops- make them think that since the G's were driving Lexuses, they must be in Rob the Robber's gang. So, their neighbor decided that he should offer them two free Lexuses, for that reason (we still don't know why he offered them two, but we should figure that out pretty soon).
So, as you can see, we make allowances and excuses for everything that doesn't fit in our story. It's fun to do that though. I highly recommend it.
Who, exactly, is Rob the Robber, you ask? Well, he is a bank robber that (obviously) has a very large gang that lives (what a coincidence) in my neighborhood! I don't really know why he has a gang, but it's probably for a really good reason. I will have to figure that toughie out. Oh, and I figured out last night that either he has a dog (a small one, by the sound of the bark), or is pet sitting one. I have a pretty good idea of what the dog's name is, but I will have to check with Bekah first. My idea is The Radical Trademark, as it would match Rob the Robber with the initials- RTR and TRT. Get it?
There is one more extremely interesting story that goes along with this post. Rebekah and I have discovered a house with a sign over the doorbell that says, "Kids, please do not ring doorbell. Go around and knock at the side door." We figured out through close observation that there must be money hiding in the doorbell, and whenever someone pressed on it, the money would fall out! A very foolish person might say that we don't have enough evidence, but Bekah and I are not foolish people.
I will have more updates on Rob the Robber soon, as he is extremely active these days. We hear him a lot more than usual, and I have even heard a female voice floating out of his house! Rebekah and I will grant her a name sometime. Even if she doesn't remain. Just thinking about her leaving makes me sad! :) Even Rob the Robber needs some company, like any human being.
3 comments:
Noooooo dont you remember lexuses are actually our partners
Phooey. Actually, I didn't even say other things about it, which I left out on purpose. So, I didn't "forget" everything!
Oh, one question. Why do I always forget the details about Rob?
Post a Comment