
As I write, I am listening to Relient K's "Let it Snow Baby... Let it Reindeer" Christmas album*. It's not even Thanksgiving yet! I just know that I will be sick of this sort of stuff by December 1st, but I can't stop. Heeelp!
I bought a song by Thousand Foot Krutch which is their rendition of Jingle Bell Rock, and it's more like Jingle Bell Rock. I highly recommend it for TFK buffs like mwa.
Yesterday, we recieved the Christmas issue of Country Living. Just wondering, but who decorates their house this early? At least early enough for the photographers to take the pictures? I think it's odd if a person starts to "deck the halls" in October, but that's just my opinion. What I'm thinking is that they take the pictures and write the articles the year before. The whole subject is something to think about....
The only thing that makes me realize that I am not totally in the Christmas mood is the fact that I am completely unwilling to shop for presents. I am one of those people who will get up on Christmas Eve and realize that I haven't even started thinking about who I'm going to get presents for. That is what I call a bad situation. I know that some people will start keeping their eyes open December 26th for Christmas presents the next year, or maybe even the year after that. I know my mom is one of those types. Last year in about July, she bought my brother Justice's birthday present. His birthday is a couple days before Halloween.
Maybe someday I can be like her: look for presents all year, but only start to get in the Christmas mood December 1st, the real start to the season.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
*- I am actually listening to 12 Days of Christmas by Relient K. It has a really awesome line that goes, "What's a partridge? And what's a pear tree? Well, I don't know so please don't ask me. But I can bet those are terrible gifts to ge-e-et." Awesome!
1 comment:
I loooooooove Christmas
Post a Comment