Yesterday (Friday) was really awful. The first part of it was great because I was hanging out with friends, but something terrible happened at the end.
I was playing outside with my friends since we had church group that night and they had all come over. We saw Mr. Mike (my friend Kyle's dad) coming out of the house, and he said that he had to take his wife, Mrs. Kelly to a doctor's appointment. We all wondered why she had a doctor's appointment this late (it was about 8 o'clock). I was shocked when I noticed that Mr. Mike had literally raced his car down the street, so fast that we could hear the engine really loud.
The story soon came out. Mr. Mike had gotten a phone call from Mrs. Kelly. She had said that her abdomen really hurt, and she couldn't bend over right. When I heard that, I felt a chill. I was terrified that it could be appendicitis.
Mrs. Kelly was rushed to the ER. There, she had some CAT-scans, and it was proved: the surgeons had to remove her appendix. She had surgery late last night, I believe. I was so scared for her.
After I heard the story, I felt like crying so much. I just wanted to burst out in tears, but small kids were there, and I really didn't want to worry them. So, I held the tears back.
We had group, and we prayed for Mrs. Kelly. After group, my parents talked about it together. They said that it had been confirmed that she had appendicitis.
I prayed, "God, please don't let this day be a day that we remember for its sadness and fear, but let us remember it for the sadness, fear, and happiness at the end of it all."
That happiness came this morning.
After breakfast, I asked my mom how Mrs. Kelly was doing. She said that Mrs. Kelly was fine, and had had her appendix taken out successfully. Then the real blessing came: She was coming home at 11:00 am.
Wahoooooooooooooo!
I have really experienced the way that God answers our prayers in a big way. After that happened, I gained more faith that he will do what's best, in his opinion. Even though Mrs. Kelly was in pain, I realized that God really does hear us. If Mrs. Kelly hadn't gone to the hospital, I wouldn't have realized that in such a big way until some other time in my life.
Thank you, God!
1 comment:
YES, I UNDERSTAND HOW GOD ANSWERS PRAYER. I HAD A SERIOUS APPENDIX SURGERY AT ONE TIME AND IT WAS VERY SCARY. BUT, GOD HEARD THE PRAYERS OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND IT CAME OUT FINE. HE IS ALWAYS WITH US.
Post a Comment