I have always been a bit dissappointed every New Year's. The very number of last year just seems so familiar to me by December. Then after I get used to yet another year change, here comes New Year's!!! 2009. It seems like just yesterday that it was 2005.
Time seems to be going a lot faster than it used to. Maybe it's because I have been having more fun with my new-ish church group called the Well. Maybe it's because I am just growing older and that's how it goes. I wish time would just slow down a bit.
Every year, right when I am at a New Year's party, counting down as the ball drops, my thought process goes like this:
10...9...Man, seconds go fast...8...7...Wait! Hold on a second! Seconds are going TOO FAST! I don't want it to be New Year's yet!...6...5...Okay, I can't slow down time, but I can savor the moment...4...3...God, please let this new year be a good one...2..................1...............
HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment