
Every year, my church group (called the Well) has a New Year's Eve bash. All the kids call it a Wellabration. Anyway, we had one last night, and it was a BLAST!!!
It started at 9:30. After I arrived, I chatted with my friends and ate some "Goop." (Goop is a family recipe of a bunch of cereals and nuts mixed up with onion salt and some other sauce that I can't spell but I pronounce it like woorshtishure. Tasty!) I saw my friend Joel and remembered something that I had to ask him.
"Hey, Joel? I was talking to my cousin Victoria before I came tonight. I told her about my friends and she wanted to know if you liked horses."
"Uh, yeah. Horses are cool. Horses are cool."
Whoopee.
After that, the boys went upstairs to Joel's room, and the girls followed. We started to rock out to music that the guys were playing (Joel has two electric guitars, a drum set, a bass guitar, and a microphone). It was fun. I got bored after about five minutes though, so I went out on the balcony to play air hockey with my friend, Hannah. We played so fast that the puck went flying off of the table more than once!
We went inside when we tired of that about 15 minutes later. I jammed out with my friends on Joel's bed while we watched the guys play music. When they had done about 3 songs, Joel said that we should have youth group. So, we sat down and talked about our New Year's resolutions and we prayed with each other. My New Year's resolutions are to: 1). Be less crabby with my family, 2). Grow closer with God, and 3). To ride horses more. My main goal is to at least complete number 3. :)
After youth group, the boys played some more rockin' tunes but most of their audience left. By most, I mean everybody but me. So basically, I had my own private concert! I was their 1 happy fan. They played songs until about 5 minutes 'till midnight. We stomped down the stairs into the living room where everybody was gathered around the TV. Mr. Roland prayed about the upcoming year, then we counted down!
10...9...8...7...6..5....4......3......2.......1................................... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Horns tooted (by that, I do NOT mean passed gas), the kids yelled, and everybody partied. Hugs went all around.
Since my mom had instructed me to come home right after midnight, I took a handful of goop and said goodbye to my pals. Then, I walked home while fireworks boomed and exploded like fiery giants in the night sky.
I'm pretty sure that this was the best New Year's that I have ever had!
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment