
Lately, I have been obsessed with smoothies. Maybe it's just the name "smoothie." The name is pretty cool, but the taste is better. If you make it right.
Since we got a Magic Bullet, smoothies have been quite easy to make. I am not trying to advertise here, but it's true.
I'm advertising, aren't I???
Anyway, since smoothies have been easy, I have become addicted, obsessed, with them.
My favorite fruits to stick in are:
Bananas
Raspberries (probably blackberries too, but I just haven't tried it yet)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Melon chunks
Pineapple chunks
Peach slices
Any other suggestions?
I think I'm going to go make a smoothie.
2 comments:
chocolate! :D
You're talkin' a really fruity smoothie. I know of a tasty, thick, milkshake-like smoothie that will knock your socks off:
Funky Monkey Milkshake Smoothie (I named it myself! ;D)
1 cup vanilla yogurt
A teeny bit of milk (remember, you can always add more!)
A tablespoon or two of peanut butter
1 frozen banana ( just wrap it in foil and toss it in the freezer. If you used ice instead of the frozen banana, it would be watery and un-milkshake-like.)
And you can add chocolate chips, or instead of chocolate chips and peanut butter, you could use chocolate fudge peanut butter, if you just happen to have some on hand. But the whole chocolate part is just optional.
It is soooooo thick and delicious! And, if you like fruity stuff better than peanut buttery stuff, use frozen fruit instead of the peanut butter and a complimentary flavored yogurt (or just vanilla). Sorry to bother you with all this useless information, but it is just so supertastylicious, I had to share the joy.
Post a Comment