I forgot some of my lines, but that was okay since I knew what the general idea of what I was saying was. Anyway, it wasn't as if the crowd had memorized all of my lines and was testing me on them. :)
I'm just going to post a list of who everybody was for fun, you don't have to read it if you don't want to:
BASSANIO: Jonathan B.
ANTONIO: Rebekah B.
SHYLOCK: Justice H.
PORTIA: Meee!!! (a.k.a. Julia H.)
NERISSA: Hannah E.
LORENZO: Joseph C.
JESSICA: Rebekah B.
SALERIA: Sarah E.
SOLANIA: Tiffany L.
GRATIANO: Wesley C.
TUBAL: Hannah E.
THE DUCHESS OF VENICE: Tiffany L.
VARIOUS MESSENGERS, SERVANTS, AND JAILERS: Jackson B.
Here are some pictures:
In the picture above (from left to right): Jonathan, (in back) Wesley, (in front) MEEE, (in back once more) Jackson, (even farther back) Hannah, (in front) Joseph, and (way in front) Rebekah. This was a shot from the dress rehearsal, in the last scene (my favorite).In the picture below: This is the view from one of the entrances on to the "stage," which is also my back patio. The girl in the pink dress is Alecea, and you can't really see anybody else. The stage is set up for the "court scene," the climax of the play. I think this picture was taken during intermission.
Picture below (from left to right): Jackson, Joseph, Wesley, Tiffany, and Sarah. I think this picture is from the dress rehearsal. Ironically, we did the main performance a LOT better than the dress rehearsal, and I forgot my lines a lot less in the performance.
Picture below (from left to right): Jackson, Wesley, and Justice. The wig that Justice is wearing in the picture is actually supposed to be a Hagrid wig for Halloween. :) We found it at a costume shop.
Picture below: Another crowd shot! Up front are Chloe and Jayden. In the back is most of Joel, the arm of Amanda, and the right side of Matthew. This was only a fraction of the crowd (thankfully). The crowd was quite close to the stage, which made it easier for them to hear us.
Picture below: Fun times backstage!!! (NOTE: Backstage is my garage....) From left to right, Wesley, Justice (he's in the background messing with his costume), Tiffany (making the "peace" sign, Jonathan, Jackson (in the odd hat- he was crazy about his hats, but who could blame him? He's only 7!), Rebekah, MEEE (talking to Rebekah), and WAY up front... Sarah!!! She loved her wig and wanted to take it home with her after the play!
Picture below: A view from the audience of a scene near the beginning of the play, set on a street in Venice. From left to right, the people in the crowd were Matthew, Kyle, Alecea, Madeline, and Amanda. From left to right on stage: Rebekah, Jonathan, and Justice. If you look in the lower left corner of the stage, you can see a bit of furniture that was supposed to be for a different scene. I never noticed it 'till just now!
Picture below: I'm not sure if this is the dress rehearsal or the performance, but who cares? From left to right: Hannah, Wesley, MEEE, and Jonathan. Jonathan looks immensely pleased with himself, no? :)

Picture below (from left to right): Jackson, Joseph, Wesley, Tiffany, and Sarah. I think this picture is from the dress rehearsal. Ironically, we did the main performance a LOT better than the dress rehearsal, and I forgot my lines a lot less in the performance.
Picture below (from left to right): Jackson, Wesley, and Justice. The wig that Justice is wearing in the picture is actually supposed to be a Hagrid wig for Halloween. :) We found it at a costume shop.
Picture below: Another crowd shot! Up front are Chloe and Jayden. In the back is most of Joel, the arm of Amanda, and the right side of Matthew. This was only a fraction of the crowd (thankfully). The crowd was quite close to the stage, which made it easier for them to hear us.
Picture below: Fun times backstage!!! (NOTE: Backstage is my garage....) From left to right, Wesley, Justice (he's in the background messing with his costume), Tiffany (making the "peace" sign, Jonathan, Jackson (in the odd hat- he was crazy about his hats, but who could blame him? He's only 7!), Rebekah, MEEE (talking to Rebekah), and WAY up front... Sarah!!! She loved her wig and wanted to take it home with her after the play!
Picture below: A view from the audience of a scene near the beginning of the play, set on a street in Venice. From left to right, the people in the crowd were Matthew, Kyle, Alecea, Madeline, and Amanda. From left to right on stage: Rebekah, Jonathan, and Justice. If you look in the lower left corner of the stage, you can see a bit of furniture that was supposed to be for a different scene. I never noticed it 'till just now!
Picture below: I'm not sure if this is the dress rehearsal or the performance, but who cares? From left to right: Hannah, Wesley, MEEE, and Jonathan. Jonathan looks immensely pleased with himself, no? :)
I'm a bit glad that the whole thing is over, but now I'll have to find something to fill the "emptiness and hole of despair." Ha ha, not really "hole of despair," but more of, "Hey, I'm bored."
I am looking forward to the cast party, the which is sometime this week, possibly Friday.
2 comments:
wish I could have been there, looks like it was a lot of fun but... well I am kinda stuck up here in boring old Illinois.lol sorry:)
Looks fun, Julia! :D I like reading Shakespere, and that one's good. Pretty dress!!! :D You should post some of those pictures on Above Rubies. ;) I'm sure the girls would like to see them. :D
Rebekah
P.S. Ha ha, reading that I kept thinking, "I wasn't in the play!" :P It's very unusual for someone's name to be spelled the same as mine! Oh, I wish I could be in an acting class. I so love to act...
Post a Comment