Thursday, May 21, 2009

Woot!!!!

I am sooooo happy!!!!!!!

Guess why.

Kris Allen won American Idol!!!!!

He was up against Adam Lambert, the "rock god." Everybody loved Adam except for four people (counting my family as one): Me, my family, and my friends Rebekah and Joel.

I thought (and was right- as always) that Adam was too screechy, dramatic, and "just too pitchy, dawg." I also thought (and was right again) that Kris was awesome and even a little bit "fortunate looking."

Shall we compare the two? Yes, we shall.

Adam:

Screechy
Totally off-key
Destroyed the song that I love: U2's "One"
Creepy (as in always wears black with black nail polish and black hair)
Screams all the time (in the songs)

Kris:

Extremely fortunate looking :)
Can get up really high without screaming
Has a much better sounding voice that doesn't key me up like Adam's, but relaxes me
Isn't as dramatic as Adam- he's actually quite humble
Just plain awesome

Now, can anyone tell me why they are disappointed that Adam did not win? When it is OBVIOUS that Kris is better? :)

I am so glad that Kris won! Of course I hadn't seen many of the "episodes" of this season's American Idol, but I was rooting for him (and Allison) from the first one that I saw. I was really disappointed that Allison got voted off the show, but at least Kris went to the finale and WON! :)

Woot!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I have to say that Kris irritated me therefore I did not like him, but yes he has an okay voice, me I would listen to Adam's style of music over Kris', but that's just my opinion to each his/her own :)

The Radiator said...

ok, well the comparisons were not fair at all. you gave Kris all good stuff and Adam all bad stuff. Kris is not perfect, and neither is Adam, therefore there should be pros and cons that you put up for both. but noooo...you just wanted to diss Adam.
my opinion: Kris's singing is boring. yeah he's a good singer, but it's boringgggg.
Adam takes songs and makes them his own style. and you can't tell me that you hate artists who screech, ff5 does. Plus he's got really cool hair.
Kris has a cute baby-face, Adam is just plain hott.
my opinion :)

julia said...

Well, there's one obvious pro for both of them..... They were both in the top two. That certainly says something. :) About FF5, they have a different kind of screeching. If that makes any sense. I mean, Adam screams like a girl, and FF5 screams awesomely, no?

Jonathan said...

Adam doesn't screech like a girl. Listen to Guns'n'Roses (or maybe you shouldn't) and you'll figure out the way Adam screams. It's not girly, it's an 80's rock kind of scream. And I agree, you were just dissing Adam, c'mon, he is a good singer. That said, I think they both deserved to get where they ended up, and both had good voices. Kris does that weird thing with his mouth, his jaw moves to the side when he sings. What's up with that?!