Saturday, February 23, 2008

Recipie #2 (Still More to Come)

Egg-in-the-Hole Breakfast


You need:

1 large brown egg
salt and pepper
1 slice of good toasting bread
butter or tea oil (butter tastes better)
a skillet
and a glass with a mouth that would fit on top of the bread

You need to:

Start melting the butter on the skillet. Cut a hole out of the bread by using the glass like a cookie cutter. Put both circle of bread and holey bread onto the skillet. Crack your egg into the hole of the larger piece of bread. It will probably seep through, but that doesn't matter. That just spreads around the eggy goodness. Season the egg-in-the-hole along with the bread round, with salt and pepper. Fry until bottom of egg is white, then flip. Season both breads again. Lift up the egg-in-the-hole and put more butter to melting underneath it. This prevents it from sticking to the pan really bad. I have had to do this maybe up to 3 times before my tasty treat was done. When you think your egg-in-the-hole is done, slash the yolk to find out. If the yolk runs, it is not ready.

Bon Appetite!!!

Makes: 1 egg-in-the-hole
Serving: 1 egg-in-the-hole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM A TERRIBLE COOK BUT I LOVE EGGS. MAYBE I CAN GIVE THAT A TRY. YOU WILL BE A GREAT COOK SOMEDAY.
GH

julia said...

Thank you!!!