Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Just Kind of Bored-ing Around...


...You know? I have been pretty busy with friends over the weekend, but this week I am just getting school done every day (a bit slower than normal), playing VHR for a bit, riding my bike around my neighborhood and park, then going to sleep. After that, I wake up and do it all over again.

So you see, I don't have much interesting things to say about what's going on with me. I am just kind of moseying through the week- but leisurely. There's nothing wrong with that, at least so I believe.

Every day I think of something to praise God about. I think things like, "Wow, look at that sunset. Only someone so perfect as God could make that." Or, when I am reading my science book, "Goodness, I can't believe that scientists actually believe that all of this creation was just a coincidence! This is all so right!" I think that pondering these things has made me see the wonders of God's world around me.

I also write in my devotional. This "devotional" is actually a beat-up old journal that I thought would suit me until I got a better notebook. I just write letters to God, really. I try to do this every day, even if it means remembering at 11:00 pm when I wake up to use the restroom. That happens more often than one would think!

So, yeah, I guess I could say that I am just "bored-ing around", but I am really doing much more than that. I am trying to get deeper into my relationship with God. Well, really, I am trying to build one. I have never been extremely close to him, but I think I am getting there one step at a time.

5 comments:

Twilight_Fan said...

That is really cool. And I am happy for you and I hope you get closer god like I am. And you just got to take it one step. At a time, It took me awhile to learn that.And look where I ended up now a devoted Cristian just wanting to spend sometime with friends,famliy, and God. And you are really an inspritation to me just let you know, and your an awesome friend so I will always keep you in my prays.

Anonymous said...

wow that is very touching!! God is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

well good for you! on the God thing, not on being boring ;D lol. by the way, that picture is hilarious.

Christine said...

I have a prayer journal too- a very cool idea.

diana said...

Getting closer to God, very cool. I know what you mean about seeing beautiful things outside and praising God. I love to look at the sky and think about the Lord. From an "old person's" perspective (and by "old" I mean someone who once was in love with John Taylor from Duran Duran)remember to read God's word and ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand it.
Love
Aunt Diana
Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!