Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This is Crazy


My dad wrote this on his blog today, and I thought it was so funny that I had to put it on here. Here is the link to his blog.
"I noticed there are human skulls on everything. I don't know why there are human skulls on everything.

I saw some cool shoes, with cool colors and stuff, and then looked at the pattern: human skulls.


I don't want shoes with pictures of human skulls. But I'm not against skulls.
It would be stupid to be "against" skulls. I have my own, and have used it to protect my brain on several occasions, like that one time my brother pegged me in the back of the head with a baseball when we were playing "hot box". ("Hot box", for those who don't know, is a fun, simple game wherein a little brother is declared the "runner" between two bases, and a big brother hits him in the back of the head with a baseball.)

Skulls are on everything. Shirts, shoes, belts, pants, hats, purses, iPod covers. I tried to get some clothes the other day at Kohl's, and realized there aren't "Men's" and "Young Men's" sections anymore. There are still two sections: "Dockers" and "Stuff with Skulls".

My friend Pablo was going out on a stage with me to introduce a band at a concert. But our friend Bruce said, "Hey -- you need to change shirts. You have a skull on your shirt."
Pablo was all like, "But you have a skull in your head, and you introduced that other band." And then we all wondered, allowed, if church-going folk at a concert might be offended by a shirt with a drawing of a femur, and decided they probably wouldn't, but what about a pelvis, and then someone told us we were late and supposed to be on stage."

No comments: