(Yes, I wrote that title thinking of Brian Reagan.)
Yesterday night, my family went out to eat! I am really excited about that because we almost never do. We went to John Smith Subs, and it (my food) was tasty! When we were done with dinner, we went home to pick up the dogs for a convertible ride through a neighborhood famous for it's Christmas decorations.
The decor was pretty much the same as last year's. Gigantuan inflatable animals, motorcycle Santas, "Santa Land Here" runways on top of the roofs, the "icicles" hanging off of the houses, and (my favorite) light up pink flamingos next to light up palm trees next to light up water! :) There was one unique house, out of all of them. No, it was not the house that didn't decorate. No, it was not the house that filled their front yard with those huge "reindeer" that move their heads. It was the house that hung up a huge lit-up peace sign on their fence. It actually was very pretty, and I pity anyone who lives out of state because that they can't see that sort of stuff every year.
See, some people like to hide away the fact that they are Floridians when they decorate. Those are the people who are busy hanging up the fake icicles, just like the neighbors next door. And the next door down. And the next.
But a very few people embrace the fact that they live in Florida, and decorate their palm trees (and set up fake ones) and put light up flamingos in their front yards. I really appreciate that.
Tomorrow my family and our friends the Adamses will go to a restaurant that we visit every year. We sit outside (haha, we're not trapped in the snow), and chow down on fish sandwiches. Yum, yum! I am so glad that we're doing that tomorrow!
Merry Christmas, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment