Friday:
My cousins (named Kaitlyn and Victoria) and my grandparents arrived at around 9'o clock Friday night. We partied around a bit, talked, played some music, then fell asleep.
Saturday:
We went to the beach! Victoria and I body
boarded in the mild waves and made sand castles. We came back and biked to the "snack shack", a little building where golfers stop their carts and buy a hot dog or an ice cream. I got a tasty ice cream cone with nuts and the like. Yumaroo! We played a stupid but awesome XBox game called Sarge's War. We giggled like crazy while we did that. Fun fun!
Sunday:
That morning was pretty sluggish, but things started to get more exciting when we went to the sea-turtle rescue center. That was really fun. I got some pictures. We played Sarge's War again.
Monday:
We went sightseeing around the area and beach. We also took a little trip to a souvenir shop called Sea Treasures. I got an awesome shirt. Then, we went swimming and played extreme Marco Polo.
Tuesday:
We went canoeing! Several people including Justice and Kaitlyn fell out of the single-person kayak that we rented. That was really awesome. I finally got a pre-made bracelet that fit me! I was really happy with it until it kinda stretched out. Shooooooot!
Wednesday:
We didn't do much, we only hung out and played video games. That really rocked. I creamed everybody in Dance Dance Revolution. There was an awesome song on there that made me feel sick before I got halfway through it. I felt like I had just sprinted three miles nonstop when I finished it. Oh, I don't know what day we did this on, but we went swimming at a lagoon. Mean people came with their dogs to the it, also, so we left in search of a friendlier, less hostile place- the BEACH! We went out on a jetty made of rock and cement where all the fishermen like to hang out. The waves were really choppy, and I saw something that looked like a big chunk of seaweed being tossed around, dangerously close to the monstrous rocks. Then, I looked again. It was a Green Sea Turtle! Near the rocks that the sea turtle was precariously close to, a crab perched regally. A pelican dove for fish in the distance. Little birds bathed happily in the salty sea water. I even noticed a beautiful, live jellyfish, caught in the rocks.
Thursday:
I had to go to an embroidery class, but when I finished, it was only about 11 o' clock. My mom (who had just come to pick me up from class) called Grandpa to see where he and Grandma had taken my cousins for lunch. He said that they were right next to the beach at Loggerhead Cafe, and we could meet them there. We played around at the beach after eating some pancakes (my grandparents and cousins had driven around for about forty-five minutes looking for a Mc.Donald's for breakfast, and they took so long that it was lunchtime when they finally came to Loggerhead Cafe). The beach was perfect! The water was super clear, the waves were gentle, the sun was shining. We left to go don swimsuits and to cloak ourselves in the greasy film of sunscreen, then came back to the beach. We played for a long time.
Friday:
Today, I am saddened by the fact that Kaitlyn, Victoria, Grandpa, and Grandma left early this morning. The house feels empty without them. I am very upset, but the comforting words that Grandma spoke echo in my ears.
"Remember what you said a long time ago, honey? You said for us to not worry because we will all be together one day."
Oh, how I will rejoice when that day comes!
5 comments:
oh my, that was awwwesomeee. all of it. we got home about and hour and a half ago. by the way, could you look for my tenis shoes? i seemed to have left them at your house and, well, sadly i can't really wear flipflops in the winter HERE. lol.
at least we can still talk on the web and keep in touch!!! Illinois is soooooo much colder thatn Florida so right now i am in my warmest sweatshirt still cold!! I t is 27 degrees outside right now!! I am frrrreeeeeezzzzziiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!!
Only God is awesome. By the way, you are so lucky that you can swim and wear shorts all year round!!! M
*Sarcastically* Right, M.
Anyway, Kaitlyn, we have your shoes. Mom is going to send them to your house soon. Sorry that I didn't call you as was planned while you were driving back to your house, but I just kept putting it off until you arrived at your house, and then why would I call you? :)
I really want to hang out with you guys again soon!
alrighty, thank you. fer now i have to where my old grass stained shoes with a big ol' hole in the side of one of em. hehe.
and i miss ya Huwia! hehee. *giggle tha makes you crack up*
Post a Comment