Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Trust Jesus?

(Excerpt from my journal)

My reasoning is thus:

If following him is the real meaning of life, what am I doing here, waiting for who-knows-what? Why am I scared? He loves me. He loves everyone, including the person who's reading this.

He'll take care of us. He died for us. He's not just going to let us go, like that.

Even if it seems like his back is turned, it's not. He said he has an unfailing, unconditional love. He never lies.

Why am I scared to trust him? If he asks me to throw myself off a cliff, I will do my best to trust him. Why? It's easier to ask why not.

He loves me. He's not going to ask me to do something stupid or pointless. There is reason to what he wants you or I to do, even if it's not immediately apparent.

Why trust him? There are millions of reasons! Why should we not trust him? There are absolutely no reasons. Following God is the point of life. I say go for it.

No comments: