We both had white T-Shirts with "cigarette boxes" (Actually fake tiny cereal boxes-you could see "understanding cholesterol" on my shirtsleeve. Dumb Cheerio box.) rolled up in our sleeves. We also wore jeans. I had recently cut my hair for Locks of Love, so I slicked it back like my dad's.
I went with my friend and her dad also. She made it even more fun.
We kept asking the DJ to play more songs. He might have gotten tired of us asking him, "Can you please play 'Unchained Melody'?" Or any other songs that our dad's wanted to hear. Soon the DJ played the song though. Good for him.
After we finished our milkshakes, me and my dad started dancing for a while. It was a blast!
At the dance, there was a hula-hooping contest. I decided to try out my skills with my friend. When the judge/DJ said, "GO!" we started trying our best to hula-hoop. In vain. Our hoops instantly went down with the gravity. We both sat down at the same time. Now, we can both hula very well, thanks to the fact that my friend bought some hula-hoops shortly after the event.
I can't wait to dance with my Dad again, next year!
6 comments:
Ha Ha!The fifties?That sounds like you had a lot of fun.When was this?I went to a Daddy-Daughter Dance before with Victoria and Dad of course.It was like a Hawian thing and we were given those cheap flower necklaces and Dad got a shell necklace.We got our picture taken with him then decorated the picture frame.It was fun.Glad you had fun!
The dance was around Valentine's Day. I think I went to a Luau Dance with my Dad too. I learned to hula-dance! TeaSue
I can't wait either!It was so fun!I went with my Dad too.
Love,the girl who was blonde and stood next to you in the ballet recital and was very glad you gave your blog adress thingy to her!
P.s.your blog is awesome
I think that a father daughter dance would be great! Man your lucky and so is your friend. That is cool!
O.K. i'm just kidding I know I went to the daugther-daddy dance to it was so much fun I wish i could repeat that day over again. Don't you?!
Yeah! For a second, before I read your last comment I thought you didn't remember the dance or something! :o Oh my. You certainly gave me a shock! :) Like, "WHAT?!?!?! She didn't remember? And with my awsome costume too!" :) TeapotS
Post a Comment