Monday, June 4, 2007

My Little Club Involving Free Hotdogs and Cokes

I am signed up for a club called the Knothole Gang. I go every Tuesday evening. It is a bunch of tickets to minor league baseball games with free T-shirts, Cokes, and hot dogs.

There are some small events in between innings, too. One of the popular things that they do is the mascot race where the mascot of the home team races some kid from the audience. It is fun to watch.

Once, I was chosen with my sibling, to go down on the field and race RC Hummers. Mine was programed to go screwy, I think, because it started spinning around the millisecond I started it. It was fun anyway.

Then there is the Infamous Peanut Toss that they do at the stadium. All the kids know when it happens and so they all start swarming around by the Press Box (the place where the announcer sits) at about the 3rd or 4th inning. People throw peanut bags from the windows of the Press Box. Most of the time the peanuts are bad, but I still like to try to catch one.

Once, the mascot of the home team came up to me along with an employee of the stadium. They wanted to give a Coke to somebody and so they signed me up to get it. When the announcer told the crowd that I was getting the free Coke, the mascot danced with me. I did the Disco. It was fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were with your "sibling"?

That's funny.

Knothole Gang is TONIGHT! I hope we can go!

Dad P. Hansen

Kaitielyn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!About how many people do you think were in the audience?I was just wondering.

julia said...

There is sometimes a lot of people in the audience, but it toatally depends on the weather and how busy everyone is.

Anonymous said...

Cool!

julia said...

Rocks my socks. :) TeapotS