Friday, June 8, 2007

Some Ducks That Lived With Me

I used to live in "Duck Haven." The neighborhood had a different name than that but I will just call it "Duck Haven" right now.

In the neighborhood, there was a lake right out back of our house so of course there was going to be some ducks living nearby. It was also the same place that we found the turtles.

I had a friendship between two awesome ducks that liked me a lot. This duck pictured was one of them. His name was Dennis and his mate's name was Spot. She was very pretty for a Muscovy Duck.

Both of them ate out of our hands! Spot and Dennis had babies together once when I was living there. I tried to name them but they all looked alike so I couldn't tell them apart.

When we first discovered them in the hood, one of the babies just climbed into my brother's hand! We started picking them up after that and they all were so soft and fuzzy! Soon they started knowing where my family lived in the neighborhood and came up to our porch every day to knock on the sliding glass door for food. It was funny. :)

Since then, I have moved and I miss them. By now, they have probably had another batch of babies!

2 comments:

Kaitielyn said...

AAAWWWWW!how cute!I bet you do miss them.

julia said...

Sometimes. I'm glad that I can have a memory of them instead of them not existing in my mind. You know what I mean, right?