Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hurricane Ike = Threat?


This past week, I have been hearing a lot about hurricanes. I guess you could call it annoying, but when one actually comes, and you have been informed about it so many times that you think your head is going to explode, you will be grateful that the weather people gave you enough time to put the shutters up. That is my take on it- you can add yours if you want, as always....
Anyway, this hurricane named Ike is coming (whenever I hear that name, I think about Super Smash Bros. Brawl... whatever. I am getting off track...), and I don't know what direction it is going! (If only the weather people would talk about it even more....) I have heard two things, that suggest that it is going in two different directions at once.
I heard that the governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, has declared that we are in a "state of emergency," but I didn't catch if it is just the Keys that are like that, or South Florida, where I live. Hmmmmm......
Also, I heard that it was going up into the gulf, ready to hit Louisiana with another strong blow. Why do they always get two hurricanes- right after the other? It doesn't make much sense to me.
But don't ask the weather people. They will start talking "all scientific- like" about it, and start repeating it over, and over, and over, and over, and........

No comments: