

Have you ever heard about food artists? They literally put make-up on the food for a picture for an ad.
Here you can compare the "Famous KFC Bowl" in the ad with the "Famous KFC Bowl" in real life stuff. I just like to call it the "KFC Bowl of Vomit and Sludge." It is made of like, mashed potatoes on the bottom, chicken or turkey, I think and then three kinds of cheeses on the top. Oh, there is gravy somewhere in there, too!
I have read in a magazine that some people stuff a chicken with paper towels to make it look full of stuffing. Then, they make it look like it is roasted perfectly by adding on detailed lines made by eyeliner. And to make bubbles in milk stay put, they stir up some sort of glue concoction then place it in choice spots all around the glass. What really makes me wonder is that it takes about 1 or 2 hours to take a picture of food for an ad. Weird.
7 comments:
I have learned that if advertisers can get a nice enough picture in the ad, people will really want the food. So the more time they spend on getting it "just so," the more vomit they can sell! : )
Your mom
Yeah! They also tinker with the lighting to take the perfect picture. I have seen another picture set of two soft tacos and the "unreal" picture was in a soft blue light. I wonder if, to accent the vomit in the bowl for KFC they should put some yellow and orange lighting behind it! :) TeapotS
In the picture of a non-artistified KFC Bowl, you can just see the "vomit!" :) I just noticed that the cheese does look like vomit. Oh my. TS
I have heard of things like that before.I read once that when they advertise stuff like iced tea in a glass, the drink is really water with some kind of liquid stuff that makes it a different color.The ice cubes are really pieces of plastic that can get REALLY expensive.
Yeah! I saw an article about the ice cubes in my magazine! I didn't really know that they were super expensive, though. Why would they be expensive? TeapotS
That is SO weird!I hope no one eats the food with make up on it though,you just might get sick.(from the make up,not the vomit)
Yeah, it doesn't have to have vomit on it though. Like chicken, I wouldn't have vomit on that. It just depends on what people think is yummy. But wouldn't it be surprising if you ate some food from a photo shoot and you got a mouthful of paper towels? TS
Post a Comment