
My science curriculum is called Lyrical Life Science. It's Biology or something. But, to bring meaning to the "lyrical" part of it, the author takes a normal tune that you might hear like "Oh! Susannah!"or"Yankee Doodle" and puts different lyrics to it, kind of like Weird Al. Here are the words to one of the songs put to the tune of "Shortnin' Bread:"
DNA is what they say, made you what you are today
Like a program it will tell, what will happen in each cell
DNA is a molecule, look real close, it's really cool
Like a ladder in a double helix, so simple yet so complex.
(Chorus)
De-oxy-ribo nucleic acids talkin' 'bout genes and chromosomes
De-oxy-ribo nucleic acids talkin' 'bout genes and chromosomes
:) (:
In chromosomes made of DNA, there is a particular way
Nitrogen bases can be seen, in special orders to make a gene
When organisms reproduce, different genes are on the loose
Dominant and/or recessive, the offspring gets traits the parents give.
(Chorus)
Genetics is the study of heredity, it may use probability
To predict just how likely, results of genetic crosses will be.
(Chorus)
Genetic engineers can use, parts of different molecules
Changing DNA around, to solve a problem they have found.
(Chorus)
3 comments:
Youknow, lyrical is a type of dance, a combination of ballet and modern and jazz (I think) I love all dance just to let you know.
-M
I wish I could learn to sing that song to the right tune you're really lucky bye
Wow, that was all in one sentence!!!!!! I am very impressed. :) TeaSue
Post a Comment